Thursday, June 13, 2013

New Jazz

My son Earl is an accomplished jazz pianist and music professor in Connecticut.  How a bagpiper could father a jazz musician is perhaps one of the world's most puzzling unsolved mysteries.  Trust me, I tried to get him going on the pipes as a young lad, but alas, I suppose it wasn't his calling in life.  Instead, he often accompanied me on the electronic organ when I played the call to worship at church.  Those were some memorable times!

Through Kickstarter, Earl is now pre-selling advanced copies of his new jazz recording, "Mirror of the Mind".  All revenues from advanced sales will go towards paying for manufacturing and promoting costs associated with putting out a CD.  Please take a minute to watch the video below. While you listen to the music, kindly consider supporting his project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/earlmacdonald/earl-macdonald-mirror-of-the-mind-cd



Earl's last CD was nominated for a JUNO award (for my American friends, a JUNO is the Canadian equivalent of a Grammy) for traditional jazz album of the year.  It wouldn't surprise me if this one gets a similar nomination.  If it does, I'll have a reason to return to Winnipeg, where this year's awards ceremony will take place.

He tells me there is even a song dedicated to his mother and me, called "Miles Apart".  Apparently he wrote it while thinking about how unfortunate it is that we now live on opposite coasts and can't get together more than once per year or so.  It certainly would be nice to have his family closer to us.

Kickstarter.comAfter having paid for Earl's piano and organ lessons for so many years, I will gladly accept my free copy of this disc with a smile.  BUT... I encourage all of my friends to buy one (or three!).

Advanced copies can only be ordered until July 1st, so please purchase your CD or digital download today!

This link will take you to his Kickstarter page:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/earlmacdonald/earl-macdonald-mirror-of-the-mind-cd

No comments:

Post a Comment