Saturday, April 13, 2019

Some encouragement to play church music

To the young man who wrote asking how he would get a copy of How Great Thou Art...  I included this hymn in Wedding Music, Volume 6 of The Church Piper.  It is quite possible that Henderson's Supply in Michigan will still have copies of this popular book, and I suggest that you esquire from them. When I moved to White Rock BC, this bagpipe supply company took my whole inventory.  Ask them for my new address too, and I'll write to you.

I commend you and your brother for your conscientious practicing.  I'd be glad to help you if you were to contact me.  A note could be forwarded to me with your e-mail address if you were to contact Trevor, the secretary at White Rock Baptist Church in White Rock British Columbia  The e-mail is office@whiterockbaptist(dot)ca.  Just ask Trevor the secretary, to forward the message to me.

You and your brother remind me of my own self and my younger brother.  We learned together, to play the pipes and our dad did also.  We went on many parades and in competitions.  Our Manitoba Pipers' Association Pipe Band regularly won the Western Canadian Championship.

With the cooperation of my friend, George Delanghe, who is an expert in music engraving, we have been continuing to publish music books in a new series, such as Prayers for pipers, Volumes One and Two, Bits and Pieces and Soul-Stirring Hymns.  We are presently working on Worshipful Hymns and A Pocketful of Jewels.  You can check to see what we have available so far in the line of books for piping in church, and for others to learn some beautiful music too. Give Lulu a try.  It is,  http://lulu.com/home.  A person has to mention my name, because, apparently, there is another Keith MacDonald, and his publications aren't something we want to talk about.  It is necessary to specify that the books are by Dr. Keith E. MacDonald.

I'll be glad to talk to you about your piping ambitions when you drop me a line.

Kind regards,
Keith MacDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment