Friday, May 14, 2010

Do Miracles Happen Today?

Flying from Winnipeg to Palm Springs, I found myself next to a passenger who had the same first and second names as mine.  It had to be miraculous.  What was the likelihood of this to happen, with so many passengers and flights?  I think God was telling me, "I am with you always, even to the end of the world."  One has to be constantly aware of God's presence.

Indeed, miracles do happen today, and when you yourself become part of the miracle, it is a real honor.  In Grenada one winter, I was called from where I was swimming, to a man who was standing along the shore some distance away.  I was told he had lost his wedding ring while swimming quite far out.  Without hesitation, I swam out to where the depth was about twenty feet.  On the fifth time up from the bottom, I had retrieved the ring.  It helped that I wore goggles.  Once my feet touched the bottom near shore and I could stand, I held the ring up and asked, "Is this yours, or should I throw it back and find another one?"  His response was, "O my God," to which I answered, "You are absolutely right, and here you are."

To this man, finding his ring was a miracle.  I hope it affected his life favorably.  Undoubtedly he had prayed and God answered.  There are just too many variables to think this "just happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment